Monday, July 6, 2009

Picnic in the park!

This morning I woke up, made my sandwich in the kitchen and heard a knock on my door (next door) so I rushed out to see what was going on. Two old men wearing worn out clothing were standing at my door looked over at me and said in broken English "broken bathroom light?" I got so excited! I was finally going to be able to come home to LIGHTS IN MY BATHROOM! So I let them in, told them that the light in the main room needs to be fixed as well and I packed my bags as fast as possible so they can get right to work. Katie and I got to class at 9am and had Joy again. She gave us a lecture on color theory and how it is applied to pattern. I am planning to take a color class this fall so this was an eye opening look into what is in my not to distant future. Anyways, we spent the rest of the morning scanning our patterns into the computer and creating a color scheme for it. Lunch came around and I had a few things to do. The first was to go to the DIS housing office to ask them if they can reimburse me for my bus ticket that was stolen since they claimed everything that isn't cash is insured. Apparently I needed to make a copy of it or kept the receipt...so I went on my merry way to the metro office to get yet another bus pass. Once I got there I felt like an idiot cause I didn't have a photo of me and had to head back to DIS and see if the booklet with all the participants pictures was in my drawer. It was not but a random girl in the computer lab let me cut my picture out of her book so I was thrilled (I told her she wouldn't miss it). So I ran back to the metro office and this time (unlike the last time) I was able to pronounce the city I live in and tell her I want a 3 zone pass till August 17th... but they don't take credit cards. The lady said she would make my metro pass while I go run to find an ATM. I went and came back, got my pass and then I headed back to DIS for the afternoon lesson. The computers had not saved our work from this morning so we had to start all over again. After class Brittany, Natalie, Katie, Katie (the other one) and I headed to the Royal Gardens for a small picnic but on our way we saw the coolest piece of furniture ever. We were joined by Amanda, Abby and Taylor and ate strawberries, dried apricots and drank wine while listening to the Jazz festival. It was a little rainy but it was nice just the same. After the picnic, Katie and I came back to Hvidorve and I FOUND OUT THAT I HAVE LIGHTS THAT WORK!!! I decided to celebrate by going for a jog and then SHOWERING WHERE I CAN SEE EVERYTHING IN THE BATHROOM! 


1 comment:

  1. hello darling! i love reading ur blog. how d o u stop[ ur photos from floating everywhere? love from mongolia

    ReplyDelete