Sunday, June 28, 2009

I leave tomorrow!

Hello fellow readers,

My trip to Scandinavia begins tomorrow (well actually my flight is tomorrow, the Scandinavia part doesn't happen till the 30th). I am already packed and am dealing with some last minute shopping before I leave. 

Some of you might be thinking  "Why is Shif going to Scandinavia?"  I am actually spending 6 weeks in a textile design program through DIS (Danish Institute for Study) I will be living in the outskirts of Copenhagen in Hvidovre (I don't know how to pronounce that AT ALL!) and traveling to Sweden and Finland during my time there. I don't know anyone on this program and don't really have any connection to the region, but I am soooooooo excited. If you received my e-mails from when I was in Israel, you know I will update often and I will try to add as many pictures to my posts. 

Hope you all have a great summer!
-Shif

4 comments:

  1. Hey Shif! I went to Coppenhagen/Stockholm during the summer of 2005 and it was awesome! Most importantly be excited that the Danish word for sale is 'slutspurt.'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really great Shif!! I'm excited for you :) textiles huh? great!

    ANge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Shif!
    I am sooo excited for you
    also im not surprised that you are going to scandanavia
    i was surprised that you were already packed (as in I helped you pack half of your things like the night before you left for year course).
    I am having fun in Mongolia (travellinellen.blogspot.coM) and i cant wait to heear about your adventures
    lvoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. what an exciting time you are going to have in Copenhagen.. isn't Kirkegaard ( sp?) buried there!watch your money.. it was the most expensive scandinavian country I visited..keep writing and I'll keep reading! Shirley in Canada

    ReplyDelete